Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Postcards from the edge

I am creating a series of postcards - Greetings from George Town - I will publish on FaceBook each day. Initially, because I'm living here in George Town, Cayman Islands. That's where the adventure begins. But eventually, perhaps wherever the George goes.

I'm using them to document my days. My year. My first impressions and reflections on life in the Caymans.

Somewhat rudely, i'm starting with images from Cayman Brac, taken this weekend where the shore was awash with plastic. The flotsam and jetsam of our times.






I'm trying to capture something from the past. Those glossy postcards I bought and loved and posted as a child on holidays in the 1970s with generic images stamped to feel local and unique.  

Something like:


I'll experiment with different fonts and formats, until I capture the feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment