Friday, July 18, 2014

Beginning 

I'm starting a record of Art @ Barneyview.  Histories and new stories of my art practice.  Today I bit the bullet and enrolled (officially) in fine arts degree through Murdoch University.  I've already completed a few courses but today is the official beginning.

Last night I played with acrylics on paper and enjoyed the texture achieved by hand painting.  Applying colour with palms and wrists.  I like the application of colour with serendipity.  I was using a limited palette so I was playing with variations on red-brown and ochre.  I thought the images reminiscent of red rock in the outback.

So today ...


The Gorge
2014

Acrylic on canvass
25cm x 25cm





1 comment:

  1. You've really captured the light - and I get a sense of the depth - beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete